Friday, November 19, 2010

Respecting Thanksgiving

We live in Utah. I don't know about everywhere else, but in Utah Christmas music starts the day after Halloween. James sternly told me the other day "Thanksgiving will be respected in our house," meaning no Christmas music or decorations will be tolerated in our house until Thanksgiving has been completely enjoyed. Consider the new background a sign of my respect for the often overlooked holiday.

(On a side note, I have been listening to Christmas music in my car since November 4th. He specifically said in our house, so I don't think I'm breaking the family rules.)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I started listening to Christmas music a couple weeks ago as well. I figured since we'll be out of the country for thanksgiving (and therefore missing several days of the beginning of Christmas season), it was ok. Plus, it's helping me get in the mood to do all the shopping I haven't started...

I'm with you. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Kristin said...

Wait, was this post about Thanksgiving? :)

Katie said...

One would think this would be an easy policy to accept, for a kid who was forced to eat her pancakes and eggs every Christmas before she could see what Santa brought.

(By the way, if this is the case, I'll be waiting up at midnight on Thanksgiving for a video of Diesel wearing Rudolph antlers)

{larissa} said...

Patrice,

I hope you are listening to
"Let Me Be Your Santa Claus" in your car.
You and I were totally obsessed with Christmas.
Remember the cool tree I bought for 10 bucks??

Thank you for observing Thanksgiving. It is precious and I miss it!!!!

JoshandMindy said...

Patrice! How is the job hunt? Any leads in Phoenix? Hope you guys are doing well.... :)